Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Daunting Tasks

Cleaning out a closet doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Unless, of course, that closet belongs to my craft room.

Okay, so I’ll freely admit that I didn’t even bother pulling anything out of the craft closet yesterday either before or after work. This is something I’ve been dreading since the thought of moving was placed into my mind when we received news of foreclosure on our house. And me being a procrastinator I figured it’d be the last thing I tackle… until I blogged about it yesterday. Ugh, now I’ve got people to hold me accountable.

I can’t imagine that I’ll find some hidden gems (figuratively, that is, since I know there is a box of beads and jewelry making supplies in there) but I really don’t know what to expect. Well, except for ten yards of natural cotton canvas I got for five bucks on a major clearance special in the year 2001, which I just realized is ten years ago. Goodnight! Where has the time gone?

Well, I suppose the only way to tackle this task is to start it. I’ll make three piles; Keep, Toss and Donate. The Keep and Toss piles are obvious what I’ll be doing with them, but the Donate pile I am thinking I’ll make as many projects as I can with it for sale or charity and anything that doesn’t get used before the move will be dealt with accordingly. Eventually this process will be incorporated into the rest of the house. Well, maybe. I’m tempted to just pack up what we want to keep and have an estate sale after we move for the rest of the stuff. We’ll see. Considering we know we have at least until March here and possibly as long as it takes for the bank to sell the place, which, let’s face it, houses in our neighborhood have been up for sale for years with no buyers because values are far below prices, I’m thinking the only things I want to pack away are things I know we want to keep but don’t use often.

A daunting task? More like a multitude of daunting tasks. However, with a little planning it can go rather smoothly. Hopefully I won’t get all sentimental and want to keep everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment