Sunday, January 23, 2011

Different

After I dropped off the little girl’s cupcakes and mini cake, it was time to start making my other order for the weekend. I just didn’t know what flavors I was going to make.

For the little girl’s birthday, I made Princess Aurora Crowns to adorn the cupcakes, half of which I decorated in pink and the other half in blue to represent the different dress color options her Fairy Aunts fought over. I wanted something cute for the mini cake, and my original plan was to hand paint the princess on fondant. However, the more I thought about it, the more I really wanted to simply make her dress. So I did. In blue. Why not pink? Because when Briar Rose is given the dress for her 16th birthday it was blue. Yes, I’m a geek like that.



Anyway, so for the Bullied cupcakes I already figured I’d make the Gluten Free Black Bean Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache, but I didn’t have enough cream for the ganache and had to add in butter, which in turn made it Chocolate Truffle Frosting instead. Darn. For the other flavor, thinking in the same realm as being different, I decided to make my The King Cupcakes, a banana cake with crunchy peanut butter frosting topped with crumbled bacon. Yes, I said bacon, and the combination is delicious. I also made my amazing Triple Chocolate Brownies and a batch of blondies. Hopefully that will be enough sweets.

2 comments: