Tuesday, January 18, 2011

King of Procrastination

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? That motto is all too relevant in my life.

This isn’t some revelation or anything but just a fact… I am a procrastinator. I know it, and so does practically everyone who knows me. However, with some pertinent stuff that has been needing to get done I’m beginning to think that my Save-It-for-Later ways are starting to catch up with me. Ugh. I guess that means I need to get to work.

I offered to be in charge of getting our church’s directory in order, updating addresses and phone numbers and email addresses and such and preparing everything to send off. Alas, I’ve had the packet for two months and while a majority of it is finished, I still haven’t gotten it all done. And it didn’t help that I misread the submission rules and made the whole thing way harder for myself, which, honestly, isn’t much of a shocker either.

My list of stuff keeps growing, and a majority of it from church committees. Postcard and poster files need to be sent to the printer for printing them mailed off; minutes need to be typed and sent not for the previous Christian Education meeting but the one before, assuming I can find my notebook I took the minutes in; updates need to be given for our Capital Campaign with new totals on the poster I made to show our progress; I need to put together a planning committee for the Spring Auction so that we actually have one; and I suppose I should start making the crowns for a little girl’s birthday cupcakes and, oh, I don’t know, figure out what I’m doing for her mini cake too.

Huh, so my goals for the week look a little grim, but I’m sure I can whittle down the list at least by half before the week is over. And if not, nobody will be at all surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment