Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sewing

Ah, finally I was able to sew yesterday. Of course, I could’ve gotten more done.

After going through my stash I realized I have absolutely nothing that would work for a baby blanket I’m working on, which isn’t surprising if you know my sister or her quirky color combinations. So I made a quick trip to one of the local quilt shops, Country Manor. Okay, so quick is a relative term as there is so much fabric to sift through and the lady who owns the place likes to talk. My first stop, as usual, was the clearance room where I quickly found two patterns that would work and was desperately hoping I’d find a third but didn’t have any real luck. I also picked up a few Charm Packs while I was there for both the baby blanket and some White Elephant gifts for tonight’s After Holiday Party for our church’s choir. I’d tell you what they are but too many of them read this blog.

So instead of spending the day sewing, I spent a majority of it doing laundry, dishes, grocery shopping and getting fabric. I really didn’t want to work on the Uninspired Quilt anyway as I am just so uninspired by it still. I did, however, get the center section of the baby blanket started and am nearly finished with the White Elephant gifts which I will finish after I get home from work this afternoon. I promise to post pictures tomorrow of the projects, but sorry Sister… you’ll have to wait to see the baby blanket!

1 comment: