Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lack of Cleaning

I have to admit that since we found out the date our house will be on the foreclosure auction block, cleaning hasn’t been a priority. Alas, it should still be done.

While it seems like the logical thing to, at least in my brain, simply not clean anything because we aren’t going to be living here much longer, there are, well, health concerns that need to be dealt with. Like mold and mildew, both of which seem to run rampant in this house if not kept in check. Our backdoor hasn’t been sprayed in a month and it is practically covered right now in black spots converging on one another about to form a cohesive conglomerate colony of mold. The bathroom on the other hand was done at the same time and surprisingly is still mostly devoid of mildew.

Then of course the vacuuming, which I never seem to be on top of anymore. I used to do it every day like I used to do the dishes every day, but I don’t see the point in keeping the floors clean. Except that it makes our socks dirty if we don’t clean them regularly and that is a pain. I don’t even remember the last time I mopped.

Other parts of the house that have gone by the wayside include the toilets, sinks, mirrors and windows. Well, the windows aren’t too much of a stretch as I think I only ever cleaned them once every year or so. Most of them are so old I’m afraid cleaning them will make them fall apart. Actually, a few of the windows, due to their brokenness, will fall apart if a cleaning was attempted on them.

Ugh, I suppose one of these days I will break down and clean something, even though my brain doesn’t see why I should bother. Of course, there will have to be a damn good reason, like having company over or something similar. Hmmm… perhaps I should plan a Good Riddance Party?

No comments:

Post a Comment