Monday, January 24, 2011

The Week Ahead

With another two cake orders this weekend, I should probably start planning what I’m going to do. Should, but I doubt it will happen.

I’m a procrastinator, even when I have plenty of time to accomplish something. But sometimes it is necessary to do work ahead of time, like fondant figures. One of the cakes I’m making is for the boys we watch every other weekend, who are having their joint birthday this Friday and they want Toy Story. I plan on making Buzz and Woody, but I’m not sure it that is such a good idea. I mean, they won’t be edible as it is because of the sheer amount of gum paste I’d have to add to stabilize the figures. Ugh.

The other order is for a couple dozen cupcakes for a person who is artsy and eclectic. Those are the descriptions her mother gave me. This person is in their forties, so, um, yeah. That will be fun trying to figure out what to do. Although, her mother also told me she loves Cake Wrecks, so perhaps a dreaded Cupcake Cake is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment