Friday, January 21, 2011

Princesses and Bullies

This weekend I’ve got two cake orders. One is for a Princess themed birthday party and the other is for a viewing of the movie Bullied. Princess cupcakes are easy, but what does one do for a movie about kids being bullied for who they are? Perhaps this means I will actually have to (GASP!) do some research!

Most little girls like princesses, so it came as no surprise when a friend of mine said she wanted me to make her daughter’s cupcakes as such. However, what in the world am I going to do for her mini cake? Do I go for an over-the-top mini masterpiece or do I keep it simple since it is only a 4 inch cake? Alas, I’m thinking somewhere in between the two. I love painting fondant, so perhaps I can figure something out that route for the cake.

For Bullied, I’m stuck. But perhaps I’m overthinking it, which, yes, I know, is a shock! I mean, this is just supposed to be something for after the movie during the discussion portion, so I could simply just make regular cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla, and be done with it. Oh, I should probably throw in some gluten-free ones too. I’m thinking my Gluten-Free Black Bean Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache. This plan, along with a couple types of cookies, sounds much more like what I should do. Oh gawd, cookies! Now I’ve got to figure out what type of cookies to bake too!

3 comments:

  1. Can I put in my vote for the Black Bean Chocolate? Tummy is happier just at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps little affirmation flags in the Bullied cupcakes that say, "Go ahead, we'll still love you if your fat."

    Oops... did I just say that? Kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can put your vote in, Kristina, but I'm thinking of just making those instead of my usual chocolate cupcakes, so there should be plenty this time! And Melissa, I love the little flag idea, it made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete