Saturday, January 8, 2011

Children

This weekend we’re watching the boys. I always seem to forget just how much work it is.

Okay, so being a pretend parent is nothing like the real thing, but still requires the ability to fairly discipline and entertain. After talking with the kids’s aunt, this might turn into an every-other-weekend thing, which honestly will probably ease some of the adjustment time the younger of the two seems to need, especially as it nears bedtime. I mean, if you consider a thirty second realization that it is bedtime and he’s not in his room an adjustment.

Of course, I wish they’d sleep in a little longer, but ten hours is a good amount. Perhaps we shouldn’t have stayed up until midnight so that when they woke up at six-thirty this morning we’d have been able to cope with their demands. Then again, their demands are simply Curious George and The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That.

Alas, it is time for me to go make breakfast. I was thinking about making biscuits and gravy but the lack-of-sleep in me wants to simply say, “Here’s your cereal.” Ugh. Perhaps I should just suck it up and make the damn biscuits and start the gravy already and quit my bitching. Or perhaps I should drink another cup of coffee because Super Why is now on and they love that show too.

No comments:

Post a Comment