Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baby Quilt

Sometimes limiting color choices is challenging, as with the current baby blanket I am working on. However, more challenging is me staying within those boundaries, which I rarely can ever do.

My sister’s baby blanket is coming along nicely. The appliqué is sewn on and everything is pieced together for the top. If my calculations are correct, I should be finished with this quilt by day’s end. Of course, I still need to do all of the embroidery work, part of which still needs to be designed. And then there is the matter of embroidering the baby’s name into the quilt, which, let’s face it, parents have a way of changing names before the baby is born, which is why nearly all of the baby quilts I’ve done have been after birth. My sister on the other is a planner, and when things don’t go according to plan, watch out!

So here’s what I need to do: Text or call her to confirm the baby name; design an Odd Bug character for the embroidery on the back; embroider both the front and the back of the quilt; sandwich with cotton batting and sew together; tie the quilt; lightly wash and dry the quilt. That is all completely within the realm of possibility for an afternoon. However, will I be in the mood to do so when my Layer Cake of Kate Spain’s Central Park arrives today? Alas, I’ve been bad and bought more fabric for my stash right before we have to move, which means one more thing to pack. Then again, this line of fabric seems to be incredibly popular, so I figured if I wanted to get my hands on some I’d better buy it now while it is still somewhat widely available. We’ll see if I can stay focused on the task at hand and not be tempted to open up the Layer Cake and drool at Kate Spain’s latest creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment