Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Backburner Projects

Works in progress, otherwise known as unfinished projects, are part of every crafters repertoire (except for you, Glenn, but I see that you are dabbling with the notion.) However, with an uncertain future and possibility of no craft room (gasp!) I need to get working on these and finish them pronto!

Even though my sister’s baby shower is in little less than two weeks, I still haven’t finished the baby quilt. Along with that there are a multitude of other projects that seem to be piling up. The Uninspired Quilt just needs to be sandwiched with batting and quilted. The Fall Quilt needs more work, but I should be able to get the appliqué and embroidery done before the move. Don’t even get me started on the fact that I never even got past opening the Charm Packs of Figgy Pudding for the Christmas Quilt or that Kate Spain’s Central Park Layer Cake is just begging to be turned into a fun Summer Quilt.

With all these projects in various stages of development and completion it is no wonder I haven’t been able to focus during my free time. Plus worrying and planning cake orders around our move (which reminds me, not the smartest idea to take a wedding cake order and find out the date is going to be right smack in the middle of our housing transition situation) and trying not to freak out about starting school again. Alas, I know that some of these will have to be packed away. That is inevitable. However, I owe it to myself to find out just how many I can finish before we have to move.

1 comment:

  1. I started the Hawaiian applique.. it's unfinished... and it's not REALLY bothering me....okay, a bit.

    ReplyDelete