Sunday, February 20, 2011

Embroidery

Whenever I make a baby quilt, I embroider the baby’s name on the back along with a little Odd Bug of my own creation. I started this with the first baby blanket I made and have continued the tradition with every one I’ve made for my nieces, nephews and those munchkins I count as such.


Yesterday I finally finished all of the embroidery on the back of my sister’s baby blanket. Okay, so there really wasn’t much embroidery to work on, but seriously, I’m quite lazy and took my time. Actually, I took my free time, and by free time, time that I wasn’t paying attention to what was going on around me. This isn’t that unusual for me. After all, embroidery work for the most part requires an immense amount of concentration to make sure the threads go where you want them to go and the needle doesn’t poke you going in and out. Okay, so I still poke myself and tend to draw a little blood every time I embroidery, but really, what’s a quilt without a little blood, sweat and tears… literally?

No comments:

Post a Comment