Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cakes, Quilts and Kids

This is a busy weekend. However, through nobody’s fault but my own.

A few weeks ago I set up a cake order for church tomorrow. No big deal, just a couple large heart shaped cakes, one vanilla and the other chocolate. The snag in the plan is I really wanted to get my sister’s baby quilt done this weekend, which got hit with another snag… we’ve got the kiddos this weekend too.

So I suppose yesterday, instead of getting muslin at the craft store (50% off coupons have their appeal) and then going to Country Manor, my favorite quilt shop, I should’ve just gone home and started the back of the baby blanket. However, I really wanted to make sure I could find fabric for my brother’s latest offspring’s baby blanket and spent far more time there than I should have. Alas, my tangent prone mind has thrown me off again!

And so with multiple unfinished quilting projects that need completion, cakes that have to be baked, cooled and decorated, and children to entertain, something is going to have to give. Sadly that will be the quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment