Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cleaning and Cakes and Clowns, Oh My!

The week is turning out to be quite crazy. The multiple Cs don’t help.

Between trying to clean the new house, making an anniversary cake for a couple I made a wedding cake for last year and needing to find just the right pants for a clown, it’s been and continues to be insane. Fortunately I have a few minutes to relax on the computer with a nice hot cup of coffee.

Okay, so cleaning-wise, the walls need to be patched and washed before painting. That much is obvious. And we need to get the carpets deep cleaned, but we decided to hold off until after we paint to do that. The garage is also in need of some tender loving care in the form of deodorizing it, which is the part that I’m most concerned about. Hopefully a fogger will be all that is needed, but if not, perhaps I should also pick up a can of Lysol. Actually, I should get the Lysol anyway and spray down every surface in that house I possibly can.

Cake-wise I have no idea when I will be able to even get it to the couple, whose anniversary is on Cinco de Mayo, which is this Thursday. However, with us postponing the carpet cleaning until next week perhaps I will be able to drop off the cake early and head over to the house to start painting. Then again, I should probably figure out what I’m doing décor-wise as well for the cake.

Now comes the part you may all be wondering about… clown pants. For those of you who don’t know, my husband has been training to become a clown. The Portland Rose Festival Character Clown Corps held auditions a few weeks back and he was chosen to be a part of it for the Grand Floral Parade and this weekend’s National Train Day. Being that he is a big guy, finding clothes that are a bit bigger are difficult to come by. That being said, I may have to break down and buy some suiting material and make him a pair of paints to go with his outfit. Hopefully I can find a pattern at the craft store if it comes down to this. But hopefully I will simply find what I’m looking for at Ross or T.J. Maxx, assuming they even carry the size I’m looking for. Fortunately he was able to find the perfect Converse Double Upper shoes in a wide array of colors. While they aren’t exactly what he was wanting, the $20 price tag was better than spending over $80 on two pairs and wearing one of each color at a time. Wish me luck in my endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment