Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Laundry

It seems laundry is piling up. I blame it on the fact that the washer and dryer are in the garage.

I’m not certain why, but not having an indoor laundry room is rather, well, weird. I guess it is because I was so used to seeing the laundry room from the kitchen every day that I would just instinctually throw in a load when needed. Now that it is out of sight, it is practically out of mind, with the exception of the piles of clothes in our bedroom that require cleaning. The piles are too big to close the closet door, which is probably the only reason I noticed it needed to be done in the first place.

So perhaps I need to come up with a better system. Perhaps I need to figure out a way to separate darks, sturdies and lights better so that once those baskets are full, I can take them out to the garage and wash them. Of course, coming up with a system will require me to actually separate the clothes in the first place, which means more work when throwing them, which probably means this won’t happen at all. We’ll see, I suppose, as the current Toss-And-Try-Not-To-Trip-Over-The-Pile Method isn’t working out so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment