Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Organizing

With the move comes the opportunity to reorganize our stuff. Unfortunately that means sifting through all those last minute just-shove-it-in-a-box items too.

I’ve been sort of tackling the kitchen. I say sort of because, well, I’ve got a lot of kitchen utensils and paraphernalia. The issue is that we don’t have the drawer space, as we’re trying to convert twelve drawers worth of stuff into the three in this house, along with the fact that three of the lower cabinets are so small I couldn’t fit any of our pots, pans, mixing bowls, plates, etc. into them. Instead I have two larger drawers into what was essentially four cabinets worth of baking and cooking equipment. Joy.

The worst part is trying to figure out where to put food and spices. My plan to put spices in the cabinet above the stove will require a special contraption so I don’t have to pull out everything just to locate one thing, and with the lack of drawer space I really don’t want to relegate one of those to spices. Perhaps I’m overthinking this whole thing and really need to focus on figuring out what to put in the 70% useless cabinet that even my long arms can’t reach into half of it because it should have been a corner cabinet instead.

Oh well, I suppose I’ll just have to get it all figured out soon as I’ve got two baking assignments Friday for Saturday and the kiddos this weekend, which means I also need to get their room all set up. I really don’t want their first impression of their room to be blank and empty. Hmmm… Perhaps there will be a use for some of my posters I colored as a child to cover up the horrific scenes in that room. Of course, I still have to paint over the ‘Hail Hitler’, ‘Nazi’ and the swastika too. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment