Thursday, May 5, 2011

Zombie

Today I feel like a zombie. Except instead of brains I need coffee.

Today I woke up to a cat laying on my feet, a dog spooning with me and another cat giving me the stink-eye from the open bedroom door. Ugh. I overslept, and on top of that feel like I could sleep for hours and hours more. Alas, that is not in today’s forecast.

So I groggily make my way to feed the cats and the dog and proceed to make coffee. Note to self: The coffee maker works much faster when you also put water in the reservoir instead of just grounds in the basket. I realized this about twenty minutes later when I was trying to figure out why the coffee wasn’t ready yet. Why is life so cruel that when you need the elixir of life the most you are unable to function on a level to produce it? Curses!

And so while today I was hoping to be able to patch the rest of the holes in the walls and start taping and prepping for paint this weekend, I’m afraid that my zombie-like state will thwart much progress. However, I can always hope that the coffee that finally did manage to make it into the carafe after all the right elements were in place does its duty and wakes me the hell up. If not, those are going to be some messy patches I’m filling today!

No comments:

Post a Comment