Friday, December 2, 2011

Another Busy Weekend

This time of year busyness abounds. Don’t forget to breathe.

I know that I’ve got another busy weekend. Finishing up the Christmas cards to get them sent out, making between forty-five and fifty gingerbread houses for the Advent Festival at church along with setting up for said festival and accompanying silent auction. Alas, it also means no time for sewing or Christmas presents or anything fun. Boo. However, there are a few things I can do to make it easier on myself.

Typically with the gingerbread houses I make a variety of styles. Perhaps instead I should just make one. Never mind, forget I said that. Part of the fun of making the houses in the first place is that I make a few different types to keep me from going crazy. Maybe I should focus my restraint on the candy side of the equation? You know, instead of getting a little of a lot of different kinds of candies just get a lot of a few. Hmmm… this could work and would result in less chances of everyone’s favorite running out. Of course, it would also help if half of the candy would end up on the gingerbread houses themselves instead of in the kids’s tummies.

As for the silent auction and the set up of the whole Advent Festival event, maybe I should leave that up to the teenagers running the show. But, I know me, and I know that I won’t be able to simply let them have at it and not be involved. True, this would be perfect for them to do alone, but, well, it probably isn’t going to happen. Unless, of course, I don’t get all of the gingerbread houses done tomorrow after work and have to make them there. Then I won’t give a crap how they set everything up because I’ll be too busy to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment