Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day

When I was little, I couldn’t wait for whatever Santa was going to bring me, be it a new bike or a bag of used toys. That magic of Christmas morning is still alive and well.

As I crawled out of bed this morning, I could hear the delightful giggles of my husband’s sister as she not-so-quietly scouted out what Santa had brought her. Dumping out her stocking she seemed just as ecstatic about the socks she’d been given as she was when she saw the new Painted Pony in front of the fireplace. Okay, so maybe not as excited, since she is absolutely in love with Painted Ponys.

I know this morning will be filled with hectic egg poaching (I’ve never poached eggs, so this should be an exciting adventure in and of itself) and hollandaise sauce making and this afternoon with whatever my husband’s dad and stepmom have in store for us, but in the end, the trip always seems worth it. Even if this year we have to vie for the attention of both his parents. Alas, it means I will not be able to visit my family for Christmas. But I have to say that it is nice to be away from home for the holidays. I just hope our cats haven’t terrorized our house sitter!

Merry Christmas, everyone! May Peace and Love fill this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment