Sunday, December 4, 2011

Graham Cracker Houses

To make or not to make? That is the question.

Today is our church’s annual Advent Festival. That means I’m in charge of Gingerbread Houses or, more accurately, Graham Cracker Houses. In the past I’ve premade the houses themselves since they require accurate cutting and construction skills the average five year old does not possess. That and I would prefer to only have to make six batches of royal icing for the event. Add into account people making their own houses and I’d have to double that figure. That’s a lot of egg whites and powdered sugar. Not to mention I would also have to double the amount of graham crackers due to breakage and eating losses.

And so it appears I’m going to be constructing them once again this year. As fun as it would be to watch those not-so-nimble fingers attempt to make freestanding walls and attach a roof, the fact of the matter is I just don’t think we’re there yet or ever will be. Alas, it looks like another exciting adventure in house building will begin after church this morning. Four hours to construct about fifty houses? Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment