Sunday, December 11, 2011

Picture Lacking

Lately I’ve been slacking off in the picture taking of events as well as the every day. I need to change that.

It was apparent last night that I wasn’t in the picture taking mood when I looked at the camera on a side table in the living room while we had friends over for a small Christmas party, mostly of my husband’s teaching cohort, and I decided not to take pictures but instead just enjoy the company. I’m kicking myself for not picking up the damn camera and snapping a few shots at least.

I believe part of the problem is that we haven’t had pictures printed in five years, and with no physical photo album to casually glance through my mind must simply think there aren’t pictures to be viewed. I need to get this mentality out of my head and get back to recording these memories again and not just when I get a few complaints suggestions that my blog is lacking in pictures.

So perhaps this should be my goal for 2012. Of course, I’m debating over whether to continue writing a daily blog about random happenstances and the occasional what I’m up to in the craft world come next year. At the same time, however, it has become so engrained in my morning routine that I don’t know if I’d even want to. Maybe a day of the week devoted to pictures? Maybe I should focus on goals and track my progress through photos? Maybe I should drink more coffee and enjoy another cinnamon roll my husband decided to make (from scratch, mind you) yesterday. Alas, I suppose I’ll find out just how ambitious my plans are for next year, uh, next year. In the mean time I’ll leave you with the remnants of last night’s party…


No comments:

Post a Comment