Before the house warmed up yesterday from the summer heat, I decided to finish my coworker’s going away quilt. I am happy to report that it is now bound, washed, dried and ready to be gifted to her. Of course, it wasn’t without its pitfalls. After carefully calculating where I should sew the binding, since I was doing this all by machine, everything went rather smoothly until the corners. Now, I knew the corners were going to be tricky, but had no idea they’d be a pain in the ass. I attached the raw edges of the binding, which was just a long length of two-and-a-half inch fabric sewed together and pressed in half, to the quilt back with the raw edges lined up and sewed it into place about one-third inch in. I then turned the binding over to the top and stitched as close as possible. If I try this method again, I think I’ll do a little more research on it… or just use logic. Alas, the quilt is adorable and I can’t wait to give it to her.
Classic & Vintage Series: Snail Trail Quilt Block
23 hours ago