Thursday, November 4, 2010

Balancing Act

Oh Mylanta, trying to balance work and home is, well, difficult. I don’t remember it being so before.

I’m still not adjusting to having a work schedule and household chores, so you can bet that there are a few things unattended to in the home right now. Fortunately my partner has been helping out more by doing the dishes and some laundry. I just wish that I had a little more energy after work to do more than make dinner.

Eventually this routine will flow better and become more productive but in the mean time I’m noticing more dust than usual pop up. Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m going to dust, just that I now seem to notice it more, probably due to the fact that I’m not looking at it all the time. I abhor dusting. With a passion.

Perhaps what I really need to do is make a chore chart, something that I probably should’ve had in place years ago. That way I can map out daily, weekly and monthly chores and schedule them in a way that they get done. Hmmm… this really isn’t a bad idea. Funny how things just pop into your head while writing. I’m thinking this weekend I’ll go ahead and work on that, taking note especially of the monthly chores that seem to get put on the back burner. Okay, so honestly everything has been on the back burner, but if I get a plan in place it’ll be easier to follow rather than just knowing that the toilet needs to be scrubbed.

2 comments:

  1. Juggling work and household stuff is hard work. When my daughter was little I was on my own and worked fulltime . I recall never having a moment to scratch myself.

    There is a website called organizedhome.com that has timetables and printables for monthly chores, menus and a load of other stuff. Why reinvent the wheel? Save yourself an hour and use it to do some quilting!

    Good luck with finding your balance.

    ReplyDelete