Monday, November 8, 2010

Bedroom Cleaning

There are rooms in this house that rarely ever get cleaned. For us, it’s the bedroom.

After my partner’s dad and step-mom left yesterday, he got all ambitious and started cleaning out our bedroom, throwing away garbage and broken or torn clothing and accessories and putting stuff back where it’s supposed to go. These are all things that should just happen normally, but for us they happen about once every year or so. I’m not kidding.

There are, however, a couple things that still surprise me. One of these things is just how much dust accumulates under the bed. I mean, seriously, where the hell does it all come from? I’ve heard of dust bunnies, but we must have a full breeding farm under there! The other issue is that the room constantly feels damp. I don’t know if there is an issue under the house or a leak in the roof or the fact that it is right next to the bathroom, but our bedroom has that cold, wet feeling all the time. Quite romantic, isn’t it? I think we seriously need to invest in a dehumidifier or at the very least get a package or two of Dri-Z-Air to prevent any further damage to the walls or our health.

However, once cleaned, the room actually appears larger, mostly due to piles of stuff not being in the way. I suppose this means that I’ll have to start work on my craft room next. But I must warn you, if I don’t come back, please don’t come in after me or you may be trapped in there too!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Have you been peeking in our spare room? Good luck on the craft room...

    ReplyDelete