Saturday, November 6, 2010

Change of Plans

Okay, so my plans this weekend were to finally get some sewing in. Apparently my partner has made plans for us with friends on Saturday and family on Sunday, so sewing has been replaced with cleaning.

I’m not going to complain about this change of plans because I’m really looking forward to hanging out with a couple from church we rarely see outside of Sunday service, and my partner’s dad and step-mom have been out of town for what seems like months so it’ll be great to catch up with them and their most recent RV adventure. However, I must admit, I really wanted to rake the leaves and get my fall quilt and pet blanket done this weekend, or at least the top of the quilt pieced together. Perhaps, with a little time management, something that as of late I’ve not been so good at, I can fandangle this somehow.

I also think that since we’ll be in the yard anyway, which after this morning’s drizzle it’s supposed to be dry until tonight, I should go ahead and clean out the vegetable boxes of anything that won’t overwinter. It’ll be a good time to trim the strawberries of the suckers (and maybe plant those elsewhere for the birds to enjoy) and pull any remaining fruits from the zucchini and sugar pumpkins. I can’t imagine this will take all too long, but will be a great place to dump the mulched leaves right into the garden boxes and squash patches to decompose for next year’s plantings. Oh, and bring in my Greek Basil for the winter so it doesn’t die, I just need to find a good place for it. I still don’t know if my Cuban Basil will make it through the winter, but since I planted it in the box and not in a pot I guess I’ll just see how it fares outside. A couple of the other Basils have pretty much died off, but the African basil, with its luscious deep purple leaves, is still going strong. Perhaps I should make and freeze a few batches of purple pesto since it probably won’t make it through the first freeze.

Oh, my poor fall projects, still awaiting the time I can devote to them! But I will have to say that while writing this blog post I’ve already decided on a few changes I’m going to make to the quilt which will make it look way better than my original plan. Perhaps that was what the universe had in store for me all along. Or perhaps I’m just making excuses for my procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment