Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween: The Day After

With Halloween and trick-or-treaters behind us, the day after is here, which means clean up time. I know what I’ll be doing after work tonight.



It never ceases to amaze me just how many trick-or-treaters we get, especially living on a busy road with no sidewalks or streetlights. This year the count was 27, with surprisingly less than half teenagers, our usual candy grabbers. Of course, we had to take the dog we’ve been watching, Otto, back to his family at 9 o’clock that night, so we left a box with the rest of the candy on the front porch and by the time we got home both the box and the candy had disappeared. Not surprising, but I suspect teenagers had something to do with it since the box went missing too. Good thing my partner transferred the candy to it instead of leaving our Halloween candy bowl!


So before the trick-or-treaters arrived I made sure that all of the electronics and lights were in working order, which they were. I suppose it should come as no surprise that our “greeter” a talking ghoul I hung next to the front door, decided to stop working properly right before any trick-or-treaters arrived. Also not surprising was that the pumpkin lights went out too, again, right before anyone showed up. Oh well, they served a purpose, they just weren’t serving the purpose I had originally intended.


And now with it being November already the decorations need to all come down and be packed away until next year. It’s sad, yes, but then there is always the following year to look forward to. Perhaps then I’ll figure out why our “greeter” only works during the day, especially since it is a Halloween decorations and most Halloween stuff is done during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment