Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fall Quilt: Started

With it almost being time to decorate for Christmas, I’m beginning work on my fall quilt. I know, I have impeccable timing.

The fact of the matter is that I’m a procrastinator. I know it and so do most of you. However, I finally started making cuts for the appliqué pieces that will be going on the four feature panels of the quilt. I’ve decided to keep the leaves all on one panel and add a burgundy mum to another. I love mums and they always come back in the autumn so I figured they should have a place on this quilt. That and there are already similar flowers in the same colors on some of the Mix & Mingle fabric I’m using for the bulk of the quilt.

Instead of using any patterns for the cuts I’m freehanding it all. I figure this way it’ll give the quilt that bit of whimsy that most of my baby blankets I’ve made have. Plus I’m going to be hand embroidering details onto the appliqués after I hand sew them onto the panels, which will really make them pop. I can’t wait to show you what they’ll look like when they’re done!

No comments:

Post a Comment