Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Contemplating Thanksgiving

My family used to have huge Thanksgiving meals every year. It’s been five years since the last time we all got together.

While there is a time to be nostalgic about the past, there is also a time to be ecstatic about the future. I’m leaning towards the latter this time. It has been great spending the past few Thanksgivings with friends, but I think I really want to spend this year with family again. I just don’t know if I really want the huge family get togethers we used to have or start something new.

And so now I sit, thinking about what kind of Thanksgiving I’d like to have this year, and thinking of new traditions that can be started and which I’d like to carry on. The possibilities are endless, but alas, if I don’t start making the plans now they’ll never come to fruition. After all, I am the biggest procrastinator on the planet!

So with Thanksgiving a little over a week away and no real plans in place, I guess I’ll have to decide soon what I want to do. We’ve received a few invitations from friends again this year, which we’ve declined, so I’d hate to not do anything. Perhaps something small with just the immediate family in the area will be nice, which means perhaps we’ll be hosting. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment