Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Miss Sewing

I find it humorous that when I have the least amount of time to sew, that is when I want to do it the most. Then again, it seems to be a common theme in life.

For me, I’ve been wanting to get my fall projects done and over with before fall is over, but now I’m thinking that I should start my Christmas projects so they’ll be able to get used this year. Or perhaps since birthday and Halloween parties are over with, I’ll get some time this weekend to work on the quilt and pet blanket. Perhaps.

I am also uncertain what I am going to do for Christmas presents this year, but am thinking that the minimalist Christmases we’ve had the last couple years will be just fine again. I’d like to at least make sure our nieces and nephews are covered, but alas, also don’t want to go shopping for stuff. Then again we already have some purchases that will make great gifts for a couple of the younger ones, so we’ll see where we go with the rest of the munchkins.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get my crap together so that I can push these two fall projects out by the weekend, which for the what I’m making is completely doable. I’ve already started the pet blanket and only have to sew the border fabric for the top and sew it onto some polar fleece with straight line quilting to keep it all together. I know the two small ones I made earlier this summer went together rather quickly, so I can’t imagine it will take that long to do. The quilt on the other hand has a lot of cutting and piecing and may take a bit longer, but I’m confident that once I start working on it the rest will come together fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment