Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Quilt

Yes, I realize I haven’t even finished the Fall Quilt yet. However, I figure the Christmas Quilt will piece together rather quickly.

Last night before I went to bed I decided to simply lay out all of the squares in the Charm pack of Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey for Moda. I hadn’t actually seen all of the fabrics yet and figured it’d be a good idea to look at them before deciding on a quilt pattern. I love this line. I know it has been out for awhile now, but the colors and patterns are great.

Looking at my dog sleeping on her sofa blanket, I’m thinking that using that pattern for the quilt will work well, just slightly tweaked. And filling it in with Kona White will make everything pop. I just need to decide if I want to do a gradient from light to dark or simply mix all the squares up and form a random, scrappy quilt. Either way, I’m sure it will turn out fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment