Sunday, November 14, 2010

Old Mac with Spam

Last night we went out with a bunch of people to celebrate our friend Laura’s birthday. While there was a little over an hour wait for the restaurant, the food was totally worth it.

A few days ago our friend Laura was trying to finalize plans for her birthday. She really wanted Montage for dinner then head over to Kennedy School McMenamins for more drinks, so even though we knew the wait for 20 people to get seated in the small dining area of Montage would be a challenge, we were all ready for it… especially since they don’t take reservations. As it turned out, 20 turned into 12, but the wait was still the same, and there was another party of 12 right after us on the list.

While waiting outside in the threat of rain that fortunately never manifested itself, we were talking about the food from those in our group who’d eaten there before. I was pretty sure I was getting macaroni and cheese based off the conversations, but was unsure of which one I’d be selecting. After we were all seated and ordered drinks (I had a Your Not My Real Dad based solely on the name, but must admit the combination of Peach Schnapps and lavender was delicious) I perused the menu in search of something to eat. Of course, me being me, I chose the item I’d planned on before even walking into the restaurant, Old Mac… with Spam. It was delicious.

Once we were all done eating, paid the bill which was an adventure all in itself with a dozen people trying to figure out what they all ordered, my partner and I headed home while the rest of the group went to Kennedy School. Let me tell you, trying to sleep last night with a belly full of mac & cheese was not on my list of good times, but I guarantee we will be going back to Montage again. Something about really good Cajun and southern comfort foods makes me happy and this place did not disappoint. Of course, the extremely attentive (and eclectic) staff made the night fun, but having good company to share a meal with made it great.

Montage is located in Portland, Oregon at 301 SE Morrison St, 97214.
http://www.montageportland.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment