Monday, April 11, 2011

Empty

With all this packing, parts of the house are beginning to feel empty. I say parts, because that is all we’ve got packed so far.

There is an echo in the office and a nakedness in the living room. Bookshelves normally lined with an array of books, DVDs and knick knacks lie empty. Well, empty except for the books we’re planning on getting rid of. A few of the newest listings we’ve posted on Amazon to sell have sold quite quickly, so I’m anxious to see if some of these coffee table books I’ve had since high school are worth anything or if they should just be saved for a garage sale. I am not, however, anxious to start packing up my bookcase and shelving unit in the craft room. With so many rubber stamps and scrapbooking supplies in the shelving unit I might get distracted and (gasp!) actually start scrapbooking! Okay, so I don’t really see that happening.

Looking at empty bookshelves and bare walls can be quite refreshing, too. It’s as if the clutter known as life has taken a step back to catch its breath before filling back up again in a new place. While painting this weekend, after the wedding cake and wedding of course, seems like a daunting task to attend to, creating that blank slate will be an exciting adventure to tackle before the exhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment