Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rubber Stamps

Yesterday after work I started packing up my rubber stamps and scrapbooking supplies. Please note I only started this process.

Holy crap! I realize that when I was a Stampin’ Up! representative that I bought a lot of rubber stamps, but until I took them all out of their extremely organized and efficiently stored cabinet to pack them for the move I had no idea just how much I actually had. Not only a lot, but about half have never been used or even put together. I smell either a project or a prospect on the horizon. Either I can put them all together and use them or leave them as is and sell them. As much as the money sounds appealing right now, I’m leaning towards the former.

More than likely they will all stay in this particular cabinet after we move. I mean, there really would be no reason to not keep them in there even though we’ll be using the desk as a computer desk, the monitor and keyboard will only take up space on one side. However, even if that doesn’t end up the case, I can always find space somewhere to store them until needed.

Funnily, I got into scrapbooking because friends and family were really getting into it and when their interest in the craft waned, well, so did mine. This isn’t to say that I don’t want to still create scrapbooks or memory albums, because I have a multitude of magazine boxes filled with memorabilia from various events waiting to be placed in a more permanent home, just that right now at this time in my life I’m just not in the mood to create something that harkens back to better times. Then again, that might just be the distraction I need after we move.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't gone through your previous posts yet (this being the first that i've seen of your blog! - yea!) but have you gotten bitten by the sewing bug yet? I thought Sarah said maybe you had. So see, there is another thing to obsess about and collect. Our SU! stamps are all packed in crates in the garage. I think about selling them, but then just can't part with them yet. I might, after all, want to stamp again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I feel about them too. I've got so much invested in them and haven't gotten enough use. And yes, I've been a quilter since I was 5 years old, so you can say I was bitten by the sewing bug a while ago!

    ReplyDelete