Wednesday, April 13, 2011

To Pack or Quilt

I should be packing but I want to quilt. Something tells me there is about to be a tug-of-war.

Under times of immense stress I find that I usually need to take a little time out. For me that means crafting of some sort. With the move so close and the house so not ready to begin transferring items from here to there, I’m beginning to get to the point that I shutdown from being overwhelmed. Sadly we’ve hardly even scratched the surface and I feel this way so I can’t imagine what it’ll be like when we are in full gotta-move-now mode!

Alas, I’m also afraid that the three baby quilts and my brother’s new baby blanket I’m in the middle of making will end up being lost in the abyss if I don’t finish them and get them to their proper homes. But then again, maybe it’ll be better to have something to take my mind away from all the unpacking in the new place. Of course, I suppose that it would be best if I finish up the three baby quilts for our church’s auction next month after we move since the auction isn’t until May 21st, and who knows when I can finish my brother’s new baby’s blanket since I’m still waiting on them to figure out a name.

Focus, focus, focus.

That’s it. Today I am packing up the bookcase and all of my rubber stamps and scrapbooking supplies. Perhaps I need to make a list so that I can simply cross off what I’ve done and organize what needs to be done still. I’m not much of a list maker, but I must say that having one sure makes for a more focused and productive day. Assuming, of course, I don’t get all nostalgic and start reading another R.L. Stine book instead of putting them into a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment