Sunday, April 3, 2011

Reality Setting In

With the paperwork all signed and the date set to start moving in, it’s finally time to get serious about packing and planning. That means it is time to open up my craft room closet and start going through stuff to keep and pack or put into a toss or garage sale pile. Just the thought is daunting.

April 15th is creeping up quite quickly. Not only is that the day our house goes up for auction at the courthouse, but also our prospective move-in date to the house we’ll be renting. What can I say, we like to cut it close. Rebels, we are. Okay, so really our plan was to move this weekend but that wasn’t going to happen since the current tenants won’t be out until mid-month. Yesterday while signing paperwork, he had our original move-in date set for May 1st but we opted to pay a half month’s rent to get the house ready for our arrival; painting, cleaning, fumigating the garage and the likes.

With so much to do, I’m really trying to think about this in increments so as to not overwhelm myself. But honestly, after being nervous all day I felt excited after signing the paperwork. I guess some part of me was thinking he’d change his mind and decide not to let us rent his house and we’d be back to square one and screwed. So I suppose now the best thing to do is take this opportunity to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment