Monday, April 25, 2011

Planning Room Layouts

With the move getting closer and closer I’ve been planning where to put what. I’m running into walls… literally.

The two bedrooms are the same size as the craft room is here, but for some reason they look so much smaller. Perhaps it is the dark blue walls or the fact that the windows are smaller. Or maybe it is because empty spaces can sometimes appear smaller than they are. Then again, it is possible my mind is simply playing tricks because the ceilings are about six inches lower than our current ceiling, creating a more closed-in look. Whatever the reason, I’m having a hard time imagining our stuff in that house.

I guess the only way I’m going to figure out if it will work is to actually have the stuff in the house and play with it. Oh, sure, I could create a grid paper diagram of the house and cut out grid paper furniture to scale and fiddle with layout that way, but that doesn’t necessarily work well for aesthetic reasons, just a general idea. My brain can do that. Alas, there are still items I’m not sure what we’re going to do with. However, with more time to decide, I’m sure that we’ll either figure out whether or not something will work in the new place or have to be set aside for a garage sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment