Friday, April 29, 2011

Niece

After almost fifty-two hours from the time her water broke, my sister finally gave birth to her first child. Welcome to the world, baby Kansas!



Okay, so perhaps I was not all that thrilled about the name, but alas, not my child. And really, the name Kansas has been floating around since my little brother was named K.C., the initials for Kansas City, which his name was almost legally changed to at one point so the spelling of his first name would make sense to people. Never happened. The more I think about it however, the more I realize that her name just might be a perfect fit for her.

And so last night after work I stopped by the hospital to visit my niece, the first girl born to my immediate family out of a sea of nephews produced (and still being produced) by my brother and other sister. My other three brothers have yet to produce any children, which is by no means a bad thing as my family seems to be part of our planet’s overpopulation problem. But seeing this newest member of the family sleep in my arms, I can see why they do keep making more.

The new mom and dad were both exhausted not only from the lack of sleep, but also from the revolving door of visitors. Fortunately by the time I walked in there was only one other person in the room. I only stayed for less than an hour, most of which my sister and brother-in-law slept while I held little Kansas. Well wishes and blessings to the new family! I can’t wait to watch her grow!

3 comments:

  1. she is so gorgeous welcome baby Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It will be fun to have a little girl for you to make things for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got so many comments from the nurses about the diaper bag I'd made and quilt I made for her, I can't wait to make more! It's just so much easier to make girly stuff than boy stuff.

    ReplyDelete