Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prepping the New House

Today after work I’m picking up the kiddos and I think we might just have to go to the new house to patch some holes. Not an ideal way to spend time with the boys.

We still haven’t painted. Or cleaned the floors or cabinets or anything yet. This week has been far more hectic than originally planned, starting with my sister’s water breaking on Tuesday morning and a subsequent fifty-two hour labor until she finally gave birth Thursday, my normal day off, which I had to work as well. On top of that, the play my husband was assistant directing also debuted Wednesday. Busy, busy, busy.

I mean, I figure that if I can at least take out the massive amount of nails on the kitchen cabinets, for which I haven’t the slightest idea why they were there, and patch up the smaller holes, we’ll be ready to start painting possibly Sunday. Of course, we still need to choose a paint color. After reading a Better Homes & Gardens about paint colors and their suggestions for neutrals, I realized that the word neutral doesn’t just mean beige anymore. They had yellows, blues, grays, greens and tans in their mix. But they were all subtle colors that looked like they would go with anything. It makes me have hope that we can still have color without being overpowering. That, and I’m partial to greens and yellows. However, part of me thinks it’d be fun to do a pale steely blue in the office and boys’s room. Oh, the choices!

As much fun as I think the boys would have putting pink putty on the walls to fill in the holes, perhaps I should bring along some toys for them to play with as well. And with a big open house with nothing in it, I’m sure they’ll have fun running around being kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment