Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day Off

Ah, I’ve been looking forward to a day off without plans for weeks. Time to relax, turn the light on the old sewing machine and start stitching away. But wait! We have plans? What plans? Sister plans? Oh, I’m sorry my poor sewing machine, but you will have to wait for another day.

My sister lives in the middle of frakking nowhere. Seriously. There is a small sign that tells you where to turn into town (which is also the only road in town, I might add) and then just keep going until you are well outside of civilization and cell service. Once you hear the faint sound of banjos playing in the background, you’ve arrived. Okay, so it isn’t that bad. I don’t think there is any shack close enough to hear the banjos.

But since we haven’t seen her in a few months, we decided it would be nice to go visit. Who knows, maybe I’ll see their new house and get an idea for a quilt to make for them. Since they don’t celebrate holidays or birthdays, I think it is high time to make them a gift. I just need to figure out their style first and see if I have anything in my stash I can use or if (dang it) I need to go scavenger for some inspiration at a fabric store (or four.)

No comments:

Post a Comment