Monday, June 25, 2012

Going Away Quilt Started


Last night I finally got started on the going away quilt I’m making for a coworker leaving for college to become a veterinarian. Something tells me this will be a quick project.


After sketching out a rough idea of what I was thinking for the quilt, I mulled over it and decided to add at least two solids to the mix and up to five if needed. My original thought was to have all of the finished blocks be eight and a half inches, and while my gut told me to cut correctly, my calculator told me otherwise. Let’s just say math and I are not friends, but eight inch blocks will be fine for this quilt instead so it isn’t that big of a deal.





I’m still debating taking the two large prints and cutting them down for the picture window blocks, especially since I will need twelve total. I suppose I will cross that bridge tonight while working on more blocks. However, I’m thinking right now my answer is a yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment