Friday, June 29, 2012

Ravenwood


There is a town I created where all the characters of the many books and stories I’ve written live. I miss that place called Ravenwood.

Lately I have seriously been thinking I need to take time out of, well, wasting time, to write again. In particular, I have four books in mind I want to revisit and get ready for publishing; a children’s picture book, a youth chapter book, a young adult novel and adult science fiction novel. Ugh… that doesn’t seem as narrowed down as I originally thought.

When I first started writing, I didn’t really think about names and places, but when I was in college and in a creative writing class, it really got me thinking about making the characters from my books all from the same place with overlapping timelines. After tinkering with some of my books I wrote in middle and high school, I realized this was definitely the route I wanted to take; to create a fictional town where all the crazy trapped in my head could escape. Now I just need to take some time out of my day to allow this to happen once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment