Friday, January 13, 2012

Fall Quilt: Hooped and Quilting

After ignoring my Fall Quilt for a week, it was time to drag it back out and continue quilting it. However, I still don’t know how to keep the damn thing bundled together so it isn’t flopping around everywhere as I’m pushing my needle in and out!

One thing is for certain, and that is I need more practice hand quilting. I thought it would be similar to my hand appliqué work, but in those circumstances I was not dealing with a backside that would be showing. As it turns out, it kind of matters what the backing looks like. Okay, so I missed a few stitches. No big deal, right? Wrong! It is going to bother me to no end until those are fixed. But how should I go about doing it? Wait until I’m done with the quilting and then go back to everything that needs re-stitched or fix the sections as I go? I’m thinking the latter might be the better alternatitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment