Sunday, January 8, 2012

Free Motion Quilting

I decided to document my first foray into free motion quilting in the form of another video. Hopefully this one is better than the dog bath.

With the aid of my trusty 1963 Singer Touch & Sew Deluxe Zig-Zag Model 600 sewing machine, I decided it was high time to figure out how to do free motion quilting. Or, at the very least, attempt to do so. I didn’t know just how well it would do since it has been over a year since her last tune-up. Hmmm… maybe that should be another research project? Or maybe I should just fork out the seventy-five bucks and have my local sewing machine repair shop do it like they usually do because, well, they know what the hell they’re doing. Anyway, for the free motion quilting guinea pig, I decided to off up the commission quilt, Frog and Fairy Baby Blanket. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment