Saturday, January 14, 2012

National Dress Your Pet Day

January fourteenth may be a national pet holiday, but not in our house. I refuse to dress my pets.

At the veterinary hospital where I work, I am in charge of the bulletin board. More specifically, I’m in charge of changing it once a month to reflect upcoming pet events or specials or foods not to feed your dog and cat or whatever may be news in the pet world. Searching for pet holidays in January popped up only one result; National Dress Your Pet Day.


 At first I was intrigued by the notion. But the more I thought about it, the more I wondered why people would subject their four-legged friends to such abject humiliation? Okay, so that might be a bit much. Actually I think it is hilarious to see cats and dogs dressed like people. Especially when they are giving you the look that says, “I will kill you in your sleep.”


So if you have a pet and feel so inclined to do so, dress him or her up for the day. If anyone gives you crap about it while you are out walking your dog while she is wearing a Disney Princess costume, just ask them why they hate their pets so much they don’t celebrate the holidays on their calendar too. That will shut them up. Or start a fist fight. Either way it will be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment