Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

Celebrating a bad year wasn’t going to happen for us. Celebrating the prospects of a new one, however, I’m all for.

The year 2011 was a bad year for us, and with that there wasn’t much to celebrate. We lost our home, some friends, our kids, family members and a lot of our pride. Even on years like this I normally would still feel like having a few people over, but neither my husband or myself felt the urge to clean off the dining room table or vacuum. Thus, party for two.

But with a new year comes new resolutions. Personally I feel like I haven’t been capturing life’s moments as well as I have in the past. I used to be a prolific picture taker, snapping up photos of nearly everything. We also haven’t had pictures printed since 2007, not that we necessarily need to, mind you, but we don’t even have a digital photo album created. It would be nice to have the photos accessible to view. I smell a project coming on. Perhaps we should also break down and figure out when our professional photographer friend, Sarah (http://sarahcostaphotography.com) can take pictures of us to put into the frames my husband’s mom got us for Christmas.

So maybe one day I will look back on 2011 and think it wasn’t such a bad year after all. However, at this moment in time, I’m glad it is behind us and look for forward to what 2012 has to offer. Hopefully it isn’t the apocalypse because that would suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment