Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pimple or Bug Bite

It’s a truth nobody wants to talk about. Adults get zits.

My skin is wack. I have dry, flaky and oily skin all at once. I’m sure it’s because I don’t drink enough water, but the side effects are I have frequent acne breakouts. Currently I have one about the size of Jupiter over my left eyebrow that feels like a water balloon. The other peculiar thing is that there doesn’t appear to be a head, which makes me think it’s another spider bite. It wouldn’t surprise me. The exterior doors in this house have so much weather stripping they physically can’t close all the way. Hell, the one leading from the living room to the garage won’t even latch. We also live in a heavily wooded area, so bugs are quite common in our neck of the woods.

So, normally I wouldn’t be all self-conscious about such matters, but you see, I have a performance today. Okay, so really I’m doing a scripted Reader’s Theater piece with our pastor as the sermon, but still, I’ll be on stage and everyone will be staring at the huge red dot on my forehead. It’s like a beacon. And so I have a couple options, which is that I can leave it as is or cover it up with some of my husband’s clown makeup. Honestly, I hate wearing makeup. I hate how my skin feels when it’s on and I hate taking it off because it never feels like it ever really comes off. Alas, it looks as though a head covering might be in order from the costume department.

No comments:

Post a Comment