Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spare Room

Last night when I got home from work, my husband asked me to go into the spare room. He’d packed away all of the boys’s stuff. I feel like I’m, I don’t know, still in denial and yet at the same time have a sense of immense loss. How is it that those two small kids could have such a huge hold on my heart like they do?

So for now we have a spare bedroom and both of us are in agreement that we like having the office and craft room combined, which means there would be no reason to move anything else into it. My husband has also created an incredibly useful workbench in the garage that doubles as his model station. We’re talking geekaholic here. But, I have to say that the model of the Reliant from Star Trek he’s working right now is incredible and I hope when he’s finished with it he will display it somewhere in the house. Yes, it’s that awesome. As for the spare bedroom, I think I’m going to finish cleaning it and we can use it for a guest room. I might even put the futon back in the upright position to be used as a sofa and maybe make it a quiet reading room or something.

Life is full of ups and downs. I’m ready to make 2012 an up year. No more pining for the past. No more worrying about the future. Simply living for the day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Those women are obviously completely bonkers to take the boys' daddies away from them. There's a special kind of hell for people like them. But your right... make 2012 a great year! You guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete