Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Books

I love reading books and I love writing books. I do not love that I haven’t done either in quite some time.

Ever since I was a child I had a fascination with books that made me want to become an author (and author/illustrator for children’s books) when I grew up. Sadly I’ve been quite grown for awhile now, but my dreams for world domination in five or so book categories has yet to materialize. Should I simply give up at my ripened age? Or should I persevere that much more to attain the goals I set when I was a poor fat kid now that I am an even poorer skinny man?

Of course, this would mean becoming even more of a recluse than I was in middle and high school, spending nearly all of my free time writing stories and illustrating pictures for the ones meant for children, right? I’m not so sure I’m ready to make that kind of commitment, but at the same time, I’m not ready to simply give up on my dreams. Something has got to change, and that something is within my grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment