Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It Came!

After waiting patiently, it came. It finally came!

When I got home yesterday, a package was waiting for me. That’d be my fabric I ordered with my gift certificate for winning the international prize for the Dress Up Your Roll contest! Opening the box revealed the fat quarter bundle of The Lorax in the Earth color-way and a layer cake of Stitch by Betz White.

Oh, the things I will do!
Oh, the things I will make!
With that fat quarter bundle
And cheerful layer cake!

Sorry, I went a little Seussical there. But seriously, I don’t know what it is about the Lorax fabric that, while being quite childish, makes me want to make a grown-up quilt with it. Probably the kid in me, as I still eat Lucky Charms for breakfast most mornings (they’re magically delicious, you know!) Or it could be that I unwittingly bought two products which are certified organic fabrics. You know what that means? I need to make sure my batting and backing and threads are all the same too, right? We’ll see about that.

With so many fabrics to choose
So many choices from which
I can turn a mere quilt top
Into a stunning quilt sandwich!

Alas, the time to contemplate is upon me, and the time to finish up some of my works in projects is indeed in the near future. I can’t explain why I can’t just work on one thing at a time, unless it is a baby’s quilt which I seem to have no problem starting and finishing in a day. Perhaps it is just another example of how I stay interested in the work. Hmmm… maybe I need to try this with the five or so novels I’ve got in various stages of completion? Another post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment