Sunday, May 20, 2012

Clown Bag


As was evident during the St. John’s Parade, a bag of supplies comes in handy. But what about one the clown could carry himself?

Friday night I asked my husband if he’d want a clown bag and he said yes so I had him choose the fabrics and I went from there. I had hoped to complete the project before yesterday’s Hazel Dell Parade, but alas, poor planning and my insistence on reading the instructions before starting the project led me to the realization that it was not going to be done in time. Balls.

So my fussy cut flowers I ironed fusible webbing then fused to micro-suede brushed cotton needed reinforced.



So my progress was slow.


My pinning wasn’t precise.


But in the end, I had a super cute clown bag… or regular market bag. I’m thinking one made with primary colors would fit his character better. We’ll see how ambitious I am to make another one of these pretties. That’s a lie, I loved making this bag and it was super easy! I also added two smaller pockets to hold stickers or small trinkets and a water bottle pocket to the inside liner. Overall I am well pleased with my efforts.



You can make your own Jane Market Bag with the pattern for sale at http://rosylittlethings.com/janemarketbagpattern.html.



No comments:

Post a Comment