Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Desperate Housewife’s Quilt: Block Sixteen



I’m sorry if my random back-and-forth between blocks in this quilt is confusing. Who am I kidding, no I’m not!

Block sixteen in the Desperate Housewife’s Quilt hosted by Jane over at Want it, Need it, Quilt! (http://quiltjane.blogspot.com) is like a spider web, and for this particular web I needed a forty-five-degree kaleidoscope ruler, which I don’t have. Instead I made a template using cardstock, made my first cut, and then used my square ruler on the forty-five-degree mark to cut out the triangles. The cutting was a breeze, even without the proper equipment. Sewing the block went together pretty quickly too. I decided to embellish the block a bit with some wavy lines using the Aurifil thread I won in a giveaway and have to say, I really like this thread and already have plans to use it for quilting in upcoming projects.

After making this block and realizing just how easy it is to do, I can’t wait to make blocks using the Dresden plate and sixty-degree rulers I got for my birthday. I was nearly tempted to make the block using my sixty-degree ruler instead, but fought the urge. I wonder what it would have looked like had I not?


No comments:

Post a Comment